Well, since it snowed twice this year, and because I had the ingredients in the house, I decided to make cupcakes. That means I’ve baked twice this year too which might be a record for me. I’ll have to find a better recipe if I decide to bake again though, because these don’t taste spectacular which was kind of disappointing. :( I think they look cute though! :) hehe
I’m feeling very domestic at the moment, because I just baked these wonderful banana bread muffins and a loaf of banana bread. I had some bananas that were very ripe, so I figured “why not make banana bread?!?” Well, I almost never cook or bake anything, so it is kind of a miracle of sorts. lol. I got the recipe from my Hello Kitty Cookbook and I’m including it here. I didn’t use nuts though, because I’m not a fan of nuts generally. :) They even taste pretty good! If you are interested, it says to bake the loaf for an hour, but I baked the muffins for about 20 minutes. :) Last but not least, the loaf is done! :)
Just finished this new piece about coffee! I love coffee and I figured other people might like this too if I decide to sell it. It reminds me of mornings when people have a cup of java with the newspaper. I actually used coffee to paint with in parts of this. I also used pen & ink, watercolors and cutting and pasting. I haven’t smelled it yet, but I’m pretty sure it will also SMELL like coffee! haha
I just made this piece I call “Bounty.” I was thinking that someone might like this kind of art for their kitchen or something. It is comprised of a carrot, pea pods, and an onion all done with pen & ink and watercolor. Then I did the text with pen & ink and a ribbon. All elements were made separately then glued on. Makes me hungry for vegetables! haha!
So, the thing is, I hate cooking and I don’t like to eat healthy food! What a great combo, right? LOL Probably one of the reasons why I’m so fat. But, I’ve been trying to eat a bit better and lose some of the pounds. I went to Starbucks one day and decided to try their Roma Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich. It is completely delicious! But then I’m like “I can’t afford to eat this delicious sandwich every day. What should I do?!?” So, I adapted the sandwich to make it at home and I’m here to share my results with you.
The skill level for making this sandwich is like super-beginner. You need NO skills whatsoever. If you can buy the food at the store, open the packages and turn on the microwave you are golden! This sandwich can be adapted with changes to make it however you like, but here is the general idea.
What you need: bread, roasted tomatoes (they come in a can), pesto (generally sold in the cheese/fresh pasta area), baby spinach, gardenburgers, and mozzarella cheese.
The whole sandwich is less than 450 calories depending on how you make it.
Here are what the ingredients look like that I used:
1) Bagel Thins, because they are only 110 calories and I like bagels.
2) Mozzarella cheese slices. I got the pre-sliced ones that are 80 calories per slice, but you can slice your own if you like. It is probably cheaper that way.
3) The *Original* Gardenburger. You could use whatever you like, but I like the Original kind. It is 150 calories. Also, you could have the sandwich without any garden burger at all or you could even use a regular burger, but that would involve cooking, which I don’t do! haha
4) Pesto. You can make it yourself I suppose, but I didn’t. I bought it in a container. Less than 1 tablespoon, so approx. 50 calories.
5) Roasted tomatoes. These are very low in calories and come in a can already cooked.
6) Baby spinach. Also very low in calories. Bought it already washed and ready to go!
Now all you have to do is:
1) Toast your bagel.
2) Cook your Gardenburger for about 45 seconds on high in the microwave for each side.
3) Put a bit of pesto on the bagel. Here is what mine looked like:
4) Put a bit of the roasted tomatoes on one side. Here is an example:
5) Add the pre-cooked Gardenburger, put on the slice of mozzarella and top with the baby spinach. Don’t forget to put the lid on! Here is what it looks like before it is cooked, and I suppose you could eat it without cooking it anymore if you like.
6) I like to have it nice and warm with the cheese melted, so I put the whole thing in the microwave for about 30-35 seconds on high to melt everything together. Here is the finished sandwich!
I recently (April 24th) turned 36! Yay for me, I made it another year! Well, my mom and I made cupcakes for my birthday and I took some pics. I hope you enjoy them…and yes, the cupcakes were delicious! More photos on the next page!
Well, not only am I a schizophrenic, but I’m a regular girl type. The kind of girl you all know. Which means that growing up I had regular girl problems (not that eating disorders are girl-only problems), not just schizophrenic girl problems. I was a chubby kid. And then as a teenager I went on a crash diet right around the time I first started losing touch with reality. I essentially starved myself so the weight would come off, but then, my hair started to come off too. And, eventually Continue Reading So…the Bulimia….
I don’t talk that much about my eating disordered self. My eating disordered self is like the proverbial (fat) skeleton in the closet! Okay, I know skeletons aren’t fat, but mine is! haha. People tend to think one of two things when you are fat. They either think that you don’t have an eating disorder and that you are just lazy, gluttonous, disgusting, and everything else along those lines…OR if they don’t think that, they think you DO have an eating disorder and the eating disorder is OBESITY period. So, basically Continue Reading The Fat Skeleton in the Closet…
Well, it is that time of year: the holidays. I know that for people with eating disorders this can seem like the most terrible time of year. Whether you are facing holiday get-togethers with family, friends or co-workers or are just tempted by the food that is normally around, there is no doubt about it: if you have food issues these times will be hard. The thing I want to say about this is Continue Reading Steps To Body Acceptance #6…
Well, we had some bananas left over, so my mom made these wonderful banana muffins. You should really try them, because they are just delicious! Here is the recipe: Continue Reading Yummy Banana Muffins…
I don’t really know how many of these steps there are going to be. I kind of just write about them as they pop into my head even though I may have given them some more thought previously. Anyway, on with step number four. Step number four has to do with dealing with the people you may encounter in your life and the people who are important to you. Just like Continue Reading Steps To Body Acceptance #4…
My mom and I really like to make smoothies. They are easy to make, healthy and delicious. All you need is a blender and a few ingredients and in seconds you’ll have a yummy treat! The things you can blend are endless, but we like to use Continue Reading Smoothies! Yay!…